Monday, December 6, 2010

A Mother's TAP∙it™ Testimonial

In November, I provided software and Internet resources to a mother in California who purchased a TAP∙it for her four adopted children, all of whom have disabilities. I want to share her reaction of TAP∙it with you:

"Thank you, I was going to email you and tell you how wonderful the Tapit is. It was delivered yesterday and my son and I put it together. When my 8 year old daughter Kelly [she has spastic quad cp] came home from school today I put her up to it and she was so excited. I had the Classroom Suite loaded on it and had the paint program up.

Now just Monday we had an IEP for her and I was told that they didn't think she could see but in a small area and that she doesn't track anything or use her left arm and won't raise her arms up. They painted a picture of Kelly that was not my daughter.

Kelly painted a picture [actually many] using both arms raised up and many colors on her own, laughing and having a ball.

I put another screen up and she was tracking a ball all over the screen wherever it bounced. She then operated a program that made animals doing funny things and changing animals making different noises. She loves the TapIt.

Nicole, the teacher she had last year is the one that told me about it, she stopped by to see it and saw Kelly in action and knew right off it is perfect for her."

Thank you to Frances and Kelly for sharing their wonderful experience with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment